ESME cordially invites all Mechanical Engineers to be members of the Society. Payment of a onetime registration fee of Birr 30.00 and an annual membership fee of Birr 200.00 is what is required when becoming an individual member of ESME. You can then enjoy all the benefits that ESME provides.
Ethiopian Society of Mechanical Engineers
“To become a center of excellence by meeting stakeholders’ technical and technological needs in the field of Mechanical Engineering”
- Promote engineering profession and enhance technology to advance the professional interest of its members and to answer the technical and technological needs of the country;
- Broaden the usefulness of the profession of Mechanical Engineering in the country in general;
- Contribute to the industrial development and to the mechanization effort of the country;
- Facilitate the exchange of technical and technological information and ideas pertaining to the professional interest of its members;
- Encourage research and development as well as transfer of technology on matters related to the science and profession of Mechanical engineering and allied technologies;
- Cooperate with educational institutions, public authorities and concerned organs and like minded professional associations at national and international levels for fostering the technical education of the country and the practice of mechanical engineering profession;
- Assist and participate in the advancement of mechanical engineering standards; participate in their dissemination and facilitate their enforcement;
- Promote and as conditions permit , enforce a high level of ethical practice
CORE OPERATING VALUES
Professional excellence and team-work are the two core values of ESME
News in Brief
ACME Engineering and Trading PLC Profile
ESME wishes its distingushed members a happy and prosperous Ethiopian new year.
"Melkam Adis Amet"
ESME's 22nd Annual Conference (Business Session) will be held at Global Hotel on October 8, 2017 from 2:30AM to 1:30PM.
Members are therefore kindly requested to be present and actively participate and make the Conference lively. Please confirm your participation with ESME to enable us budget our expenses.
We eagerly look forward to seeing you on the Conference.
Conference Photo Report,
The educational part of Railway Engineering in Ethiopia was covered by Dr. Daniel Tilahun.
African Railway Education and Research Institute (ARERI) was launched in a close collaboration of the Ethiopian Railway Corporation and AAiT with the support of the World Bank.
The topic Practices, Challenges and Opportunities in Developing a railway network in Sub-Saharan Africa the Case of Ethiopian Railways Corporation, was covered by Engineer Yunus Mushaga, Chief Officer Procurement, Engineering and Maintenance Director of Ethiopian Railway Coprporation at the panel discussion.
ESME's annual Journal was published and distributed on the event of 21st Annual Conference-Technical Session on May 07, 2017.
The event took place in the Harmony hotel.
Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation (ECWC) is becoming the major client of ESME.
Additional two trainings were delivered
- Fundamentals of Construction Equipment Maintenance and Maintenance Management (ESME 003 - 2) from June 12 - 17, 2017 for 14 trainees
- Equipment Life Cycle Analysis, Lease, Rent (Tailored) from June 21 -24, 2017 for 20 trainees
Tailored Training was prepared and successfuly delivered by ESME Training and Consultancy Service from May 22 - 25, 2017 for 23 trainees from Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation.